Savory Baked Chickpeas
Chickpeas aka garbanzo beans are a delicious savory hi protein snack when marinated in vinegar and baked
Write a review
- 2 cups chickpeas aka garbanzo beans
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar-ACV (I use Organic Bragg’s)
- 1 TBS Umeboshi Paste (Asian section of your health food store- I like the Ohsawa brand)
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Soak chickpeas in the ACV and Umeboshi Paste for at least 1 hour, longer will yield a more intense flavor (I do at least 2 hours)
- Drain and place back in bowl, add the EVOO, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well
- Place into a baking dish or unbleached lined parchment paper cookie sheet. Spread into a single layer.
- Bake on Convection at 350F for about 30 minutes or regular Bake for 45 minutes, shaking the pan a few times to turn them over.
- Cool to room temperature and enjoy!
- I generally start with dried beans I have soaked & cooked, but if you prefer you can use canned beans, please just make sure the cans are BPA-free.
- Keep in mind the chickpeas can get pretty crunchy and hard. Start tasting towards the end of the cook time to not over cook.
Kim Kane - Health Coach http://workshop.wellnessenlightenment.com/