Little Joe Special (modernized)
This is a modern day version of what my Mom used to call Little Joe Special, which was ground beef, chopped frozen spinach, onion, scrambled eggs and parmesan cheese.
Write a review
- 1 LB Ground Turkey, Grass-fed Beef or Bison
- 1 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 diced jalapeño pepper (seeds removed)
- 2-3 (to taste) garlic cloves, diced
- 1-2 cups lacinto kale (stems removed and chiffonade the leaves) spinach would work too
- 1 15oz can black beans (Eden has a BPA Free can) drained and rinsed or soak and cook your own
- 1-2 tsp chili powder to taste
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 c chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat a large skillet on medium high with about 1 TBS EVOO.
- Place diced jalapeno, onion, garlic to heated skillet. Once fragrant add your protein of choice
- Cook meat till no longer pink
- Add the spices, kale or spinach and finally the cilantro and black beans. Continue to heat on low so flavors can marry
- This is a wonderful dish by itself, but it’s also a great filling for lettuce boat "tacos" or you can make a bowl and dish over millet, brown rice or quinoa.
Kim Kane - Health Coach http://workshop.wellnessenlightenment.com/