Kale Salad w/ Pomegranate Seeds, Pine Nuts & Shaved Parmesan
This salad is great anytime-anywhere, but is especially beautiful during the Holidays with the Pomegranate Seeds
Write a review
- 1 lg or 2 sm bunches of Lacinto kale
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice or Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/8 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 tbsp balsalmic vinegar
- 1/3 cup raw pine nuts
- 1/3 cup fresh pomegranate seeds (or any dried fruit you like, ex. unsweetened currents, cranberries, tart cherries,goji or golden berries)
- ½ cup shaved or shredded Fresh Parmesan Cheese (if doing dairy)
- Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- Remove the Kale leaves from their stems and Chiffonade the leaves http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRLNS62ITqo
- If you would like lightly toasted pine nuts place them in a small dry skillet heated to medium and a pinch of salt and toss/move nuts around until they begin to become golden brown.
- In a large bowl, toss in all ingredients, except nuts amd parmesan, and combine. Season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Make salad and dress at least 10 minutes in advance so the dressing can soften the leaves.
Kim Kane - Health Coach http://workshop.wellnessenlightenment.com/