Hummus Made Simple
Homemade hummus is a versitile, healthy, high protein dip or spread that's great for snacking, parties or on the go.
Write a review
- 1 large can (BPA Free) Garbanzo Beans
- 1-2 Garlic cloves, peeled and "smashed"
- 2 TBS Tahini
- 1/4 C Organic Apple Cider Vinegar ( I use Bragg's)
- Juice of 1 lime (optional)
- 1/3 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Drain the garganzo's, reserving the liquid, rinse them and place in your blender
- Add all other ingredients to the blender jar
- Begin to blend and if needed add small amount of the reseved bean water to achieve your desired hummus texture
- Transfer to a storage container and place in the refrigerator. I have had mine last 7-10 days, sometimes longer
- The above recipe is very basic, so it is easy to "flavor" however you like. Try making a pesto, red bell pepper or sun dried tomato hummus.
Kim Kane - Health Coach http://workshop.wellnessenlightenment.com/