Gluten & Dairy Free Lasagna w Meat Sauce
A nice alternative to traditional cheesy lasagna for those avoiding dairy and wanting to sink their teeth into some comfort food.
Write a review
- 1 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1.25 LBS ground turkey, bison or grass fed beef
- 1 1/2 jars marinara sauce of choice (I used Mia's Kitchen)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1-2 TBS Italian Seasoning
- 1 box gluten free lasagna noodles
- Vegan mozzerella shredded cheese
- Nutritional yeast
- Preheat your oven preferably on convection to 350°
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat, add the oil and saute the onion and garlic until fragrant
- Add your "meat" of choice and brown, once cooked add the Italian seasoning and mix thoroughly, turn off heat, cover and set aside
- In a 9 x 13 glass baking dish spread just enough sauce to cover the bottom of the dish, add a single layer of lasagna noodles, ground "meat", "cheese" and sprinkle with Nutritional yeast.
- Keep layering starting with the sauce until you have used up all ingredients and end with the "cheese."
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until a knife inserts into the pasta easily.
- I did add a little more sauce on the top the last 5 minutes of cooking as some of the noodles on top were starting to over cook
- This makes a 9x13 pan of lasagna, so if you are a family of 4 or less you will have lots of left overs. Cook once...eat twice or even thrice!
Kim Kane - Health Coach http://workshop.wellnessenlightenment.com/