Easy Crock Pot Shredded Chicken
A super easy healthy way to batch cook chicken for a variety of throw together recipes throughout the week.
Write a review
- 1-2 packages Organic chicken thighs
- Coconut Aminos (found at Sprouts and Mother's in asian section)
- 1/2-1 Onion, roughly chopped
- Add your onion into the crock pot, place chicken thighs on top if the onion. I like to pack in 2 packages of chicken, so they fit cozy in the pot, Pour about 1 cup coconut aminos over the chicken, cover and cook.
- When fully cooked, use 2 forks to shred the chicken.
- If cooking all day (5-7 hours) cook on LOW
- If starting more mid day (4-5 hours) cook on HIGH-generally what I do because I don't think of dinner first thing in the am.
Various ways to use the chicken
- chicken salad
- A bowl with roasted veggies, healthy grain, a sauce or dressing
Kim Kane - Health Coach http://workshop.wellnessenlightenment.com/