There are times when we start feeling run down maybe because of a cold coming on or just having too much on our plate without enough personal care time. This soup recipe is a great pick me up to get you through those times and on the road to feeling better. Follow up with a good night sleep!
Write a review
- 3 cups homemade or store bought beef or chicken bone broth
- 1- 13.5 fluid ounce can full fat coconut milk
- A knob of fresh ginger peeled and diced
- A knob of fresh turmeric peeled and diced
- Fresh juice of lime
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- A small handful of cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp ghee
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients, except ghee and cilantro, into a medium saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes, remove from the heat, add the ghee
- Place in serving bowls and garnish with cilantro
- Be generous with the pepper as it's proven to help maximize absorption of Curcumin-the main ingredient of turmeric-during the digestion process. Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory.
- To make this soup a more filling meal, I added roasted veggies, quinoa and ground turkey that I had made a few nights before.
Kim Kane - Health Coach http://workshop.wellnessenlightenment.com/